This strand supports
- Activities covering civic participation, focusing in particular on European Union policies.
- Initiatives developing opportunities for mutual understanding, intercultural learning, solidarity, societal engagement and volunteering at EU level.
The strand includes three specific measures:
- Town twinning – supporting projects bringing together citizens from twinned towns. By mobilising citizens at local and EU levels to debate on concrete issues from the European political agenda, this measure will seek to promote civic participation in the EU policy making process and develop opportunities for societal engagement and volunteering at EU level.
Read more about Town twinning in the Programme guide
- Networks of towns – providing funding to municipalities and associations working together on a common theme in a long term perspective, and wishing to develop networks of towns to make their cooperation more sustainable.
Read more about networks of towns in the Programme guide
- Civil society projects – supporting projects gathering citizens in activities directly linked to EU policies, providing an opportunity for direct participation in the policy making process. Funded activities may include: promotion of societal engagement and solidarity, gathering of opinions, volunteering.
Read more about Civil society projects in the Programme guide
|04/06/2014 – 12:00 (CET/CEST, Brussels time)|